Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Talented Tuesday" - Working With A Digital Software Program (lots of pics!)

Introducing a new element to Lasting Memories!! Every Tuesday, one of us from the DT will share either a scrapbooking tip, trick or tutorial with you!! You just never know what you'll learn each week!! Today we're starting off with Karen to show you how to do a page using digital software.

Hi all!! The digital software I use is "My Memories Suite". I have been using it for a few mths now and I absolutely love it. You can find TONS of freebies on their site as well as really awesome kits. You can also dl other kits right into My Memories Suite as well. So, let's get started!!!


First off, you'll start your layout. I always look and see how many pics I am wanting to use and then I choose my LO. For this one, I need 4 pics and I decided to use an already pre-made LO 


On the right of my work space is where I can choose all my backgrounds, embellishments etc as shown here


So, I want to add my background to match my photo's, so I add my photo's to my LO first - you can see the menu to the right opens up when you load in your pics. We'll talk about that in a minute .. for now, I've loaded my pics and now want to choose a background


Menu to the right, I've clicked on backgrounds and I'm going to choose something from my "Outdoors" file


I've clicked on the background I wanted and clicked "apply" and here we go!!


Now I want to add a shadow to my pics, so I click on one (doesn't matter which) and you'll see the menu to the right open again and you can see all your options. I clicked "Shadow" and you'll see the menu below where you adjust your settings to what you want, now where it asks Apply to all photo's: you choose .. I chose "On This Page"



And this is what it looks like!! Kind of gives it a 3D effect


Now I want to add embellishments, so back to my control panel and choose "Embellishments"

 

Again, I chose my "Outdoors" Category and then into "Misc Elements"


Here you see I added a ribbon .. when you add your embellishments, they always come up on the middle of your page and then you move them where you want to


I also wanted to add "Nature" to my page - one thing about using digital, you can size everything to what you want!! I made mine a little bigger and left in the middle of my layout


Another thing with digital, which I LOVE, is that you can also add "Shadow" to your embellishments!! Click your embellishment, up pops your menu, adjust your settings and then click if you want it to apply to all on the page or in your whole album


This is my new settings .. look at "Nature" and you can see the difference


And here is my finished layout!!!!
These are 2 different cats - a bobcat and a lynx, aren't they just gorgeous???


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!! If you want to try your hand at this program, you can have a look at My Memories Suite and on the top of this page you'll see my code which you add at checkout and it saves you $10 off the program AND gives you $10 credit IN STORE!!

Happy Scrappin' and see you tomorrow with a Featured layout or 2!! Be sure to join us, you can find our current challenge right HERE!!


5 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I have tried my software a few times but really want to learn more. Thanks for the help.

Jennasa~findtimetocreate said...

Great tutorial! When I do digital pages I use Photoshop. This looks alot easier!!

~Jennasa
findtimetocreate.blogspot.com

Michele said...

I love this Karen!! It's so easy!! How long have I been discussing digital?

Karen Wilson said...

Suzanne - Any time!!

Jennasa - I find it MUCH easier!! I love it!

Michele - Take the plunge, lol, it's time!

Denise Pustelniak said...

WONDERFUL KAREN!

Related Posts with Thumbnails